AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

AgLeader InCommand 800 | GPS6500 occasional issues
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

dbusch
Posted 4/30/2023 15:43 (#10210023)
Subject: AgLeader InCommand 800 | GPS6500 occasional issues

Lafayette, Illinois
I have an Ag Leader InCommand 800 | GPS6500 | ECU | OnTrac2 Steering on a Agco DT180A for about 4 years now.

Last year I noticed when doing spring planting with a Terrastar C subscription that occasionally the system would 'freak' out and start driving in sharp circles. This typically only happens when we're in a Straight Path AB configuration. Doing a Reboot of the system would clear it and it would be fine. Mid planting we would expect within the first 2 hours of operating for the day we'd have 2 freak out's and then 2 reboot's and then we'd be able to plant for the rest of the day, absolutely no issues.

This happened again last fall for tillage (WAAS signal) and I was talking to my precision guy about this and he gave me a few ideas and unfortunately none worked. I had some other issues with the tractor and never got around to fully solving the issue.

This spring I had it happen again; but not as much, after 300 acres we started having issues after we converted to corn (just a coincidence), the next farm was ok and the standard fair where 2 times and 2 reboots would clear it for the day, but today was the worst for my farming partner where he was having to reboot every 2 rounds or so.

Our precision guy is way underwater this time of year but I was wondering if anyone else has experience, or suggestions.

Some details:
When the error condition happens if you go into the GPS Menu to GPS Information the Heading is spinning in circles.
When planting or driving and the error condition happens. You always turn left and the map if you are watching it or 'panting' starts painting and dancing in circles. usually the steering will disengage.
If you disengage Auto Steer and drive forward, the map spins around in circles (always a left hand turn)
When stationary the Heading is going in circles (imagine a compass just spinning around and around)

I do have video's from last fall of the issues in the map and the GPS Information menu.

Latest firmware on the ECU, GPS6500 and I did update to 8.1 for InCommand this spring
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)