AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Delta force lift solenoid switch?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Glenn in Ontario
Posted 4/30/2023 17:41 (#10210209 - in reply to #10209301)
Subject: RE: Delta force lift solenoid switch?

Belwood, Ontario
tedbear - 4/30/2023 08:35

Glenn in Ontario - 4/29/2023 21:58

tedbear - 4/29/2023 12:53

Not familiar with Delta force but I have worked with other "override" switch setups.

Generally the trick is to use diodes so that the normal system doesn't back feed into the override circuit and also so the override circuit doesn't back feed to the normal system. Delta force may be more complicated than this though.

This shows the diode idea. Either source could power the load but not back feed the other. There would be a slight voltage drop (about 0.7 VDC) due to the diodes.

Our precision dealer wired a jumper plug on works 24 row from the power distribution module to the deltaforce hydraulic block with solenoids. It is just a 2 wire duesch plug that you unplug the stock wiring and plug this in to signal full lift. We then activate hydraulics to lift all 24 rows.

They highly recommend not using it except for "emergency " situations, have seen a few planters hung up crossing roads.

Since they suggest unplugging one and plugging in another this could be done with a Y adapter that contains a DPDT switch. One branch of the Y would go to the current Deutsch connector. The other branch of the Y would go to Power and ground. These wires would go to a Double Pole Double Throw switch which has 6 terminals. The output from the terminals would go to a Deutsch connector to go to Delta force. That way with the switch flipped one way the normal connections to Delta Force would be used for regular planting. Flipping the switch the other way would connect to Power/ground for Manual control for transport. This would be equivalent to unplugging one connector and plugging into the other but might be more convenient.

Since they say for "emergency use only" there may be some danger in overriding the system.

I believe it puts full voltage to the lift solenoid for entire system, I know the solenoid gets warm when we had to use it to get into one farm. (Under 10 mins)
I think the big emphasis was on that this wasn't a way to lift all the row units up for maintenance.

Good idea about wiring it in with a switch. We have been doing our best to widen driveways/culverts to prevent needing it at all.

Edited by Glenn in Ontario 4/30/2023 17:44
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)