AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

benefits
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

RAB
Posted 7/19/2009 10:40 (#780520 - in reply to #780226)
Subject: RE: benefits

Brinkley, Arkansas
My guys are all full time salaried employees. They get a good wage for my area plus a house, utilities, pickup truck for local travel, 2.5 months off in the winter with pay, sick leave with pay, uniforms if they want them, a Christmas bonus that depending on years of service normally works out to about 10X their weekly check. If they want insurance or a retirement account they are free to do so on their own. From watching my guys I have learned that money management is the key to success not necessarily the bottom line on the pay stub. Some of my guys will be holding as many as 5 or 6 paychecks in their wallet along with some cash while others will be flat broke by the following Wednesday. For the latter it wouldn't matter what I paid them they'd find a way to blow it. Example.....one guy had a major family crisis so I let him off for 4 days (with pay) and gave him $500 to help out with things. The day he came back I overheard him talking with a coworker about how he was able to buy the complete Indiana Jones DVD package, a few CD's, and some other garbage. It was his money to spend as he wanted but he'll never get any more charity from me.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)