AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

So what to do about losing the ground?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Mike SE IL
Posted 7/19/2009 23:04 (#781200 - in reply to #780962)
Subject: Marv has some great advice

West Union, Illinois

an exit interview is not a bad idea if it is handled correctly.

There is something I would be tempted to do ... not sure I would and if I did it would be very pre-planned and well thought out ... if I knew for certain, not suspect and not rumor but 100% preferably verified that farmer A or B was spreading these suspicions about me.  I would in some very public place quietly thank him for his concern for my landlords but inform him I'm not quitting and could he please stop spreading gossip about me?

BUT this has to be done very cool and calm and business-like and you really need to run this through in your head several times first. ANY sign of emotion or frustration and you are the loser.

Did you ever watch Gilmore Girls? It's one of my wife's favorite shows.  We now own all 7 seasons DVD's.   In one episode the granddaughter is severely snubbed by her boyfriend's mother.  Big time put down.  Grandmother finds out about it and at a big fancy social engagement quietly and firmly chews boyfriend's Mom a new behind ... all the time smiling and not making any kind of a scene about it.  If you get the chance (it is available on Netflix) I think it is season 6 episode 5 "We've Got Magic To Do".  It's a great scene.  Take notes.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)