AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Caught a dog killing my ducks and chickens yesterday
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Richardin52
Posted 7/18/2009 03:37 (#779493)
Subject: Caught a dog killing my ducks and chickens yesterday

Farmington, Maine
Drove in the yard the other day and my 27 year old son is out front with a 22 Mag. rifle. He said a dog just killed six hens and two ducks. Just killed one left it and then killed another and another. Now the 2 ducks were pets raised by his wife from eggs. One of them had been sick and she had just nursed it back to health.

Anyway he went around back to the barn and sees a big black dog with a chicken. The dog turns and looks at him and he lets him have it. The dog takes off howling. We call the county sheriff and they send the animal control officer out. He says take pictures of all the dead animals and he’ll check the vets in the area to see if anyone brings a dog in.

Sure enough the next day someone brings in a big black dog shot in the neck. (They let the dog suffer all night) The bullet hit it in the side of the neck and went out the back of the neck on the same side. The dog will live. The people just moved into a trailer about a mile from the farm. The owner in unemployed and the dog was unregistered. The animal control officer is charging him with an unregistered dog, a dog at large and a dog killing livestock.

If he come back I’ll give him a charge of buckshot.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)