AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

It's never good when...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Ltfire
Posted 7/17/2009 23:47 (#779378 - in reply to #779021)
Subject: RE: It's never good when...

North Central Iowa

Had my mom call one night quite a few years ago, wanted me to come look at her husbands finger (she's pretty squeamish about blood).  Anyway, I got over there about 6pm asked what he had done to it, and he said he was drilling a hole through a basement wall for a waterline he was installing and the drill caught and pinched his finger between the handle and the wall (can't remember if it was his thumb or forefinger).  Anyway, I unwrapped the dirty rag and electrical tape (he apparently didn't have duct tape handy because that's for sure what he'd have used if it had been close) and here his finger was split open for about 3 inches just about like a really overcooked hot dog.  The thing was swollen and the skin was so tight that you couldn't even draw it back together with a bandage.  Needless to say, I took him to the hospital and they stitched it up.  Of course the finger was filthy too, because he just wrapped it up and didn't look at it again until I got there, even though he'd washed up for supper.

Anyway, we've all done something similar, but that's my story for today.  Hope you heal up soon.

Mike

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)