AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Self checkout & retail theft
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

PeteMN
Posted 1/24/2023 23:46 (#10058321 - in reply to #10058140)
Subject: RE: Self checkout & retail theft

E.Central MN
Not all of the shrink is from customers/non-employees stealing stuff. Many years ago my brother went to a building supply store that later went out of business. When he went to the cashier to check out, the young cashier correctly identified every pipe and electrical fitting that he had in the cart. He complimented her saying he'd never seen a cashier who could do that. She said thanks, but Friday's my last day. My brother had some rolls of electrical wire that they were closing out. When she rang them up the price was roughly 25% of the same identical wire still on the shelf. When he asked the cashier if there was an error on the price, she said the item rings up as the correct item so that's the store's problem, did he still want them for that lower price? Well, sure but it didn't make much sense.

Whenever I use a self checkout system I try to make it as clear as possible so that someone monitoring me can see that I'm scanning every item. Local police report has had a number of cases where people filled their carts with expensive items and just ran out the door with it.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)