AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Gps corrections
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

TexasPecans
Posted 1/24/2023 14:29 (#10057266)
Subject: Gps corrections

Thinking about getting the FJ dynamics setup but not really interested in having to deal with a or paying for a RTK base station. I think for most jobs no corrections will be fine but some stuff I will need it. My question is they claim you can use NTRIP corrections and such. What affordable services are there? I seen ublox but is that compatible with this system? Also seen rtk2go and guessing you could use some free corrections if they are available. Or if none of that pans out I could build my own RTK base station and I seen someone on a forum do that and connect it to both his FJ dynamics and Trimble setup.

FJ dynamics emailed me some info on what exactly their setup is but not 100% sure what service I can an cannot use. Any insight would be very helpful.

Also looking at the outback maverix auto steer setup and wheelman as they both offer a service for corrections.

It appears all 3 of these options offer nema output of gps data so I am guessing you could always import that into a tablet with agoprngps or a section control but at this time I do not own a sprayer setup for that or even want that. in my operation gps and autosteer is all I seen myself ever needing.

Am I way off on my thinking?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)