AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What's the secret to a good nights sleep
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

TractorAddict
Posted 1/25/2023 18:33 (#10059888 - in reply to #10059013)
Subject: RE: What's the secret to a good nights sleep

West of Broken Bow
cfdr - 1/24/2023 23:05

I assume you wake up "wide awake" - but not really rested. I've had this problem most of my life. My mind starts to work, and sleep is not possible. It is both a blessing and a curse, I think. It is why I survived the farming depression in the 80s - there is no doubt in my mind. The curse part is obvious to you, I'm sure.

You might look into something I've been taking at bedtime now for several years. A low dose (300 mg) of gabapentin. I believe that it quiets my mind - but over the years, I have not sensed one single "unintended consequence" of this. It has been around forever, I think. Dosages, from what I've heard and read, can go a considerable amount above this dose.

Also, I have spent years having few or even no dreams. Now, I have regular dreams.

Again, look into it if you are interested. Ask your doctor about it. I definitely think it's worth a try. Again, I have experienced no side effects with this.

Note - for awhile, I was taking another 200 mg when I would get up in the night, but I only occasionally do this anymore.

Be very careful with that gabapentin stuff. It is linked to a lot of serious side effects including cataracts. A dr prescribed it for the damaged nerves which resulted in chronic pain in the face and head. Initially I tried to tough it out and not take anything for the pain but it became too severe to ignore.

Gabapentin caused some bad results including breathing suppression and coughing fits. Before figuring out it was the Gabapentin, I ended up back in the hospital. That was the end of taking that junk.

Edited by TractorAddict 1/25/2023 19:30
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)