AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ever had to do emergency engine repairs outside in ice and snow?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

TractorAddict
Posted 12/4/2022 17:15 (#9965133)
Subject: Ever had to do emergency engine repairs outside in ice and snow?

West of Broken Bow
Hope to never have a repeat like this year. We had just increased herd size substantially at multiple locations and for this reason I got behind on completing several repairs on equipment. Then the ice and snow moved in.

The shop at one property was full of equipment and I didn’t want to risk pulling the main tractor for feeding out. The ice in front of the shop was especially thick and slick. This was one of those times you’ve heard of or experienced when more than one problem shows up. LOL Despite having a heater on in the well house a pipe broke inside a wall. Then a pipe broke in a cattle pen and that proved to be stressful as the cattle started to panic. Got that fixed eventually but then a frost proof hydrant in a much larger pen broke. Meanwhile I’m trying to keep everyone fed as calves are being born.

It was hard enough trying to do any engine repairs with a gusty, cold wind blowing snow in your face and also trying not to slip on the ice. Coyotes and black headed buzzards showed up for dinner to help make things even more interesting. Somehow I managed to complete tasks while freezing cold. Haha What a year!

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)