AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

mulching heads for ctl
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

G5 Ag
Posted 12/4/2022 17:45 (#9965194 - in reply to #9963339)
Subject: RE: mulching heads for ctl

NE MO
I’ve ran mulchers for 10 years. Tested the water back then with a skid and fecon. Decided real quick that setup wasn’t for me. Switched to excavators and had one since. Depth control is a must have. It keeps the rotor speed up and bite contact to a minimum to actually cut the material instead of stalling the rotor. Anyone that recommends carbides is a fool with no experience. The price difference alone allows you to ruin a set of sharp teeth and still be money ahead compared to carbides. My choice is a Cimaf. The rotor design alone and tooth options are superior to anyone else. Sharp teeth I run are $25/ea. Fecon is a good head, Cimaf is better and makes a machine seem like it has more power due to the efficiency of the cut of the Cimaf. Tuning the head to the machine can be done in 10 min. It’s sad if loftness uses that as a “Special feature”. They use same motors as everyone. Nothing but a bent axis, variable displacement 160cc rexroth. With your machine not being an xhp, I’d look for a 150e Cimaf. It’s narrower and a slightly smaller motor than the common 180e.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)