AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

billing question?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

gfd_703
Posted 12/5/2022 12:46 (#9966678 - in reply to #9966302)
Subject: RE: billing question?

2019 Chevrolet with brake squeal so bad as to be embarrassing. Asked dealer about it when they were doing the included oil change and tire rotation. They said brakes not covered. I researched the issue to find it was a well known problem and even found the GM bulletin telling dealers to replace pads under warranty to fix the squeal. I called and gave them the bulletin number and asked them to check into it. They called to let me know that my truck was covered under this program and that they would repair under warranty for no cost. I took it in and they fixed as agreed. A couple of months later the service manager called to inform me that I owed for replacing the brakes. Seems they filed the warranty without referencing the bulletin number and GM denied the warranty as being a wear item. I explained to him I would have never agreed to having them replace brakes unless GM was paying. I also told him it was not my fault they filed the warranty paperwork incorrectly. They eventually got paid from GM but seems it was just easier to ask me for the money rather than doing their job correctly. I sure did not appreciate being put in that position.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)