AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Netflix issue
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

oldbones
Posted 12/3/2022 21:37 (#9963970 - in reply to #9962037)
Subject: RE: Netflix issue

Floyd County, Iowa
We stream with two ROKU units. One is about a year old, the other is about a month old, and our router is 6 months old. They both do it. The older one does it many times in the evening, when we're watching the Paramount channel on HULU LIVE. Other channels don't bother. It freezes at the end of advertisements only.

Change the channel and go right back, and it's good. Have had to completely unplug everything form everything a couple times, let it sit a few minutes and power back up. That's supposed to make it update firmware. Supposedly. That's what the screen said.
Both of our daughters have it happen to them, also, and they live south of Des Moines and east of Des Moines, both being supplied from different companies.

Our son-in-law works for a fiber optic company based in Missouri, laying fiber optic lines in the Des Moines and surrounding area. He said it's coming from the local internet suppliers. Something about the internet signal coming through their equipment getting in a pissing contest with each other over data conversion. Way above my pay grade.
Afternoons and evenings are the worst, here anyway. Beginning to think it's a real PITA.

It's gone back to the home page a couple times, like yours a couple times. The ROKU unit and then all the other subscriptions don't come with much, if any, in the way of instructions, and when I went online for help, it was about as easy to understand as basic Hungarian, which I don't understand.

Edited by oldbones 12/3/2022 21:44
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)