AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Gleaner R62
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

tkoppel
Posted 12/2/2022 08:17 (#9961086 - in reply to #9960941)
Subject: RE: Gleaner R62

Sanilac Co. Michigan
Hilbilly - 12/2/2022 06:53

Gonna go take a look at a R62, 2002 with 3700/2800hrs, coming from ‘90 9500 deere so all new to the gleaners. Anything important to look at or ask? Also a 25’ 8200 head with air bar. I believe it’s a custom harvest special.
TIA Hilbilly

It would be good to know if any modifications have been done, those can be huge improvements over the stock machine. Of course, you'd want to know about recent replacement of major components and condition of the processor area: concave, cage cylinder and accelerator rolls. I'd also want to peek at the rear feed floor to see how worn it might be.

Deere guys might get their panties in a twist to read this, but a 62 is a big step up in capacity and performance over a 9500! If you care about classes it's the next one up and frankly, I'm not sure a 9600 could keep up with a 62. Let's not even mention ease of service.

Might sound strange, but I think a transverse rotor is kind of a logical progression from a conventional machine, some of the same principles apply and it's easier to envision how the whole threshing system works, at least it was for me.

The head you're looking at is a good fit and if you've never had one with some kind of air assist, you'll be pleasantly surprised. About the only thing I'd suggest is to make double sure the drive speed matches the cutting system on the head, but I suppose that's the same with any color head.

If straw is really important, then you'll likely be giving up a bit over your 9500. Just hard to compete with a walker machine in that regard.

Good luck!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)