AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ever spend a night in the pokey?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

John Burns
Posted 12/2/2022 07:11 (#9960975 - in reply to #9960544)
Subject: uncle's experience

Pittsburg, Kansas

Had an uncle that got a ticket for a rolling stop at a stop sign. He thought he should not have got it and never paid the fine. Judge threatened him jail time and he was retired, had never had the experience so said "go ahead, jail me, I'm not paying the fine". Can't remember but I think he got two days in the county pokey. Ok, fine, let the county feed him for a couple days, no problem.

The problem came when they put them in a cell with a crazy guy. The guy was bizzaro and my uncle thinks they put him in with him to keep an eye on the guy for them. Long story short, the other guy was in the upper bunk, uncle has his leg sticking out of the lower bunk laying down, and the guy falls out of the upper bunk and jams up my uncles leg. Kind of screws it up. 

So what he thought would just be a life experience for a couple days didn't turn out so good. Don't remember if the county had to pay medical bills or not. Been a long time ago and uncle has been gone for many years so maybe jails are run differently than back then 50 years ago.

Edited by John Burns 12/2/2022 07:11
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)