AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ever spend a night in the pokey?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

450IH
Posted 12/2/2022 05:35 (#9960866 - in reply to #9960788)
Subject: RE: Ever spend a night in the pokey?

Iowa
Me no. But if it were today they'd probably have kept me there. Was at a party in around 1974. My buddy had finished a fifth of Jim Beem and decided to go outside. Local cop was driving by, buddy saw the cop and tried to run, apparently stumbled and fell in his drunken state. Well later as I was still inside I asked if any one had seen him. They told me that the cop hauled him to the county jail about 12 miles away. So here I go to the jail to try and get him out. No luck he had to stay overnight. I'm sure my breath was fuming alcohol. So I go home without him. His folks called me about 5 am wanting to know where he is. In jail I told them. At least he was safe.
A short time later my cousin who knew the local cop told me that my buddy on the way to the klink pucked all over the back seat of the cop car. Poor cop had to clean the mess up the next day. He told my cousin he wished that he had not picked up my buddy. I laughed and laughed. Hahaha!!!
If this were today I would probably have joined him for trying to get him out, but if it were today I wouldn't have set foot in the cop shop in my drunken state. Blood alcohol level then was .13 The good old days!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)