AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Nature wants you to be fat
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John Burns
Posted 12/2/2022 06:33 (#9960914 - in reply to #9960858)
Subject: RE: Nature wants you to be fat

Pittsburg, Kansas

Dr Eric Berg and Dr Sten Ekberg are two that I listen to a fair amount but do not watch every one of their videos. They both have good information. They are both a little more plant based than what I prefer so there are things they promote that I have less enthusiasm for than some of the more meat based proponents. That said, I think they both have transitioned over the last three plus years I have watched them to be more meat protein proponents than they used to be. They both were pretty big on green leafy vegetables, etc. and as my wife and I started a ketogenic diet we ate lots of low carb vegetables. We have naturally transitioned to a higher percentage of meat in our diet and I get a feeling both of those doctors put a higher emphasis on meat than what they used to.

It may just be my perception has changed and maybe they have not. But that is my opinionated take on them.

But I believe they both have very good information. I may put more or less emphasis on what they think is important. Dr Berg is more into homeopathic remedies than say someone like Dr Ken Berry. I tend to fall in line more with Dr Ken Berry's way of thinking, just eat right and the body will take care of itself. I'm not saying one is right and the other is wrong. I'm just saying I'm not into potions much. They differ in their outlook somewhat, yet both their basic health messages are the same about insulin resistance, how to avoid it and how to correct it.

I subscribe to Dr Eric Berg but I do not watch all of his videos. I did just watch one this morning on toe fungus (which I had and went away while on keto diet and my wife painting the nails at night with iodine, which he mentions). When he comes up with a subject I am interested in I will watch. A bunch I skip.

There is not a single human being that knows all or is right all the time. That includes all of the doctors I follow. On the doctors I follow and have found in the past them having good information I just take the new information they provide and evaluate if it sounds reasonable based on research or good reasoning and if other doctors I follow tend to agree and take it for what I think it is worth. That includes Dr Eric Berg. I don't follow everything he says or agree with it all, but overall I think he has a lot more good information than bad and he is worth listening to.

That was kind of lengthy and rambling. I'm having a hard time expressing my ideas on the subject.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)