AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Strip till
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

easymoney
Posted 12/2/2022 07:09 (#9960970 - in reply to #9960865)
Subject: RE: Strip till

ecmn
Ron..NE ILL..10/48 - 12/2/2022 05:29

Maybe it's an IL vs MN thing, but I'm not sure of what "direction" it is you're talking about.

What do you know about impending regulating broadcast spreading that we should know about? Seriously....I'm asking.

Thanks

I have been invited down to the University of Minnesota several times to sit in on meetings. The Minnesota Department of AG it's looking at water runoff soil,erosion and the nutrients that leave the farm and go into our waterways.

I know nothing other than what is happening in other countries and in other states. I also hope in 10 years we look back and can say I was totally wrong. Maybe that's what the farmers in the UK had thought and now look at the regulations and the protests. You've already had Canada talk about fertilizer bands, you had the country Sri Lanka just declare overnight that they're going to be organic but maybe now that they're Starving in the country is broke maybe they'll remove that regulation? Now there is a lot of talk about nitrate free wheat products. So if they're already trying to Market the product how long until it comes back to us?

Also looking at the big go green movement to save the planet movement there is lots of talks of regulations and agriculture is item number one.

The large Banks to large corporations are already trying to implement environmental and social scores for how long before that makes it down to you and I?

How long until you or I walk into the co-op and say I need this much fertilizer and they say well based upon your soil tests we can only sell you this much fertilizer and here is your fertilizer plan based upon the new regulations? That one is already happening in other places.

I don't care how anybody Farms it's your farm do what you want you paid for it. But after every rain event you have dirty water leaving your farm that is what is going to bring regulations

You applied the fertilizer and it's your soil you are responsible to keep them on your land, any other company in that same field moving dirt would have to have silt fences and buffers to prevent any dirty water from leaving that field like a construction company. It is pollution

If you get water quality certified you are grandfathered in, so new regulations don't apply to you. The second I heard that I got certified,

Again hopefully I am totally wrong.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)