AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Government to force 3000 farms to close
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

havin’funfarming
Posted 12/1/2022 13:02 (#9959887 - in reply to #9959839)
Subject: RE: Government to force 3000 farms to close

Ok. I thought the topic was totally forbidden. So just to be clear it is ok to discuss the science, both for and against, climate change?

I agree with you that in agriculture we have a huge stake in climate issues. I also agree that there is a lot of garbage when it comes to the issue. I will say that it can be very hard to completely separate the political aspect as it is largely governments that are responsible for the path we are on. I assume by garbage you are referring to the political aspect and not the scientific findings both for or against a position? A person does have to be careful to not just assume research findings in opposition are automatically garbage.

Out of curiosity does the same apply to covid and vaccines? What I mean is can research from both sides be posted?

Topics like these are a huge aspect of our lives and it would be nice if we could post and discuss research from both sides of various issues like that.

I do understand that often these discussions break down to “garbage” level and people simply resort to judging based on the source of the info though. I am guilty of that so I’m pointing fingers at myself also. Like you said, we have a huge stake in these topics and emotion does come into play. I’ll try to do better.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)