AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Bean bin monitoring
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

UNL96
Posted 11/30/2022 21:31 (#9958916 - in reply to #9958719)
Subject: RE: Bean bin monitoring

Have several AGI systems in 50,000 & 60,000 bu. bins. Started out as Intellifarms before AGI bought them out and still have 3 of the Intellifarms branded control boxes. With the automated monitoring and control of the fans I know the fans will run when needed regardless of whether or not I am there. Very simple to use, set your grain type, desired moisture and desired temp and the system does the rest.

Oldest system is probably getting close to 10 years old with zero issues.

I dry all my corn in bin by having plenty of cfm’s available. Works great here as the corn is conditioned by spring and the is zero handling damage/loss like a dryer causes. The corn will come out of the bin at 15% from the first load to the last.

For soybeans it also works well to condition the entire bin to 13%. One caveat here though is if the air is extremely humid the moisture can cause the seed coat to get “sticky” and have the beans stick together. Not good. I don’t let it run on very humid days.

With the temp/moisture cables they can only detect a hot spot if one of the cable sensors is actually in the hot spot. I’ve added CO2 monitoring to give the extra piece of mind that nothing is starting to go out of condition. A good article on CO2 monitoring in grain:
https://www.world-grain.com/articles/10238-monitoring-co2-in-stored-...

Pro’s - simple, easy to use, saves energy cost, consistent moisture throughout bin & peace of mind with constant monitoring no matter if I’m there or not.

Con’s - initial cost

After having the system I wouldn’t store grain in 50K+ bushel bins without it. It’s paid for itself many times over. No experience with GSI’s system.

(A551AB03-DCE5-4BBB-ADDE-6D1973F62DCF (full).jpeg)

(71EA4039-9064-4CE3-8ABC-270001B43151 (full).jpeg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments A551AB03-DCE5-4BBB-ADDE-6D1973F62DCF (full).jpeg (128KB - 30 downloads)
Attachments 71EA4039-9064-4CE3-8ABC-270001B43151 (full).jpeg (85KB - 28 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)