AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Rail strike
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

tommyw-5088
Posted 11/30/2022 20:30 (#9958791 - in reply to #9958403)
Subject: RE: Rail strike

south Texas , York Rife Freemason
ekeller2 - 11/30/2022 17:18

So my question to those who say just quit- would you pay a farm loan off 1/2 and tell the bank your done, and just walk away? This is the same deal for us. We pay extremely high taxes for RR retirement. I have paid 18 years in, so do I just walk away now? I hired on under a completely different set of rules. We had unpaid sick days back then, but they cut 30-40 percent of the work force and don’t have time for a sick employee now. So what’s a guy to do? Sick kid or wife, just go to work now? Sick parents at the end, spend last day with them or loose job? This is what it’s come down to. I have had covid 2x and almost certain it came from my co workers who also had it. Railroad response, take points and get fired. They simply don’t care about anyone. This same company was giving points for forced jury duty and for attending immediate family funerals. What other employers act like this? Those judging from the sidelines, you don’t have a clue about how the railroad really works.

You are not the only one i have heard that from .

I had no idea it was so terrible a job .

Like most people on the outside looking in ,I thought it was a great job . I guess i was way wrong .
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)