AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

St. Louis getaway
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Lookingglass
Posted 11/29/2022 21:46 (#9957028 - in reply to #9953227)
Subject: RE: St. Louis getaway

Southwest Illinois
Some great restaraunts in Clayton, 10 minute Uber ride. 801 fish for seafood and 801 chop for steaks. Maybe 10 minutes further gets you to Kreis steakhouse. A St. Louis institition for probably 70 years. Prime rib is their claim to fame but they have a couple dry aged steaks that will be tremendous. Simple but exquisite. Tenderloin room used to be so so in my book. New ownership took control a year ago or so. Have only been once since they took over and I think it is a step in the right direction. I am not a filet guy and the old tenderloin had a menu based on filet cuts. Hamiltons Urban near Lafayette square SW of downtown is a great farm to table place with one of the best bourbon lists in town. Tons of great italian joints on the hill. Favazzas is one of our fans but Cuenettos, Gittos and Gian-tonys are all great. Speaking of Tonys, they moved to Clayton from downtown. Great place for just about anything on the menu. Jackets are preferred and I don't enjoy eating out if I have to get all dressed up. Steer clear of downtown and Washington avenue. Not much there unless you are into the club scene. Soulard area has some neat old bars and is reasonably safe. St. Charles is nice as other mentioned.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)