AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Half a hundred plus one I married my sweetheart.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Mrs B
Posted 11/28/2022 14:50 (#9954607 - in reply to #9953700)
Subject: RE: Half a hundred plus one I married my sweetheart.

Highland Center, in Southeast Iowa

Red/Green - 11/28/2022 05:08
Buster 50 - 11/27/2022 20:48 Congratulations Don. I'm 3 weeks behind you. What would make sane people get married this time of year? LOL
Lowell. I have a girl cousin who is 2 months younger than me, she got married in July of '69 in a church with no ac, I was a groomsman in her wedding. It was so hot that you can see sweat dripping off us in the wedding pictures, I swore then that it would be in a winter month when I got married! Thanks for the nice comments from everyone.

Our day will be in 3wks, Lowell. Fourteen below zero (F) the morning we got married. Crimeny!!  Had freezing rain the night before as we all were going to/from the rehearsal supper. And we still went thru with it! 

Agreed, Don, on the hot weather weddings. Remember when the housekeeping standard of the day was to give everything a fresh coat of varnish during each spring cleaning? Well, the ladies of the tiny little country Catholic church that my m-i-l grew up in subscribed to that practice every single year. And in August of 1972, with no AC, we were at friends' wedding there, and each time the congregation stood up during Mass, you could hear all the men's dress shirts pulling away from that sticky varnish finish. 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)