AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Wiring a Outdoor Furnace Low Shutoff Switch
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

ozzymydog
Posted 11/27/2022 15:40 (#9952611 - in reply to #9952576)
Subject: RE: Wiring a Outdoor Furnace Low Shutoff Switch

So the spades on the left hand side of pic will go into the supply line going to snap disk. Take wire spade off snap disk and insert into wiring harness and take other wire and put on snap disk where wire was removed. I'm assuming they have male and female spades so it can only go on one way. Just routing current thru toggle and back to snap disk. I shouldn't matter if it is ahead ore behind the snap disk. Just interrupting current just like the snap disk does when activated. I'm not sure what you are gaining by this. If the fan is supposed to shut off at 130 it is so your not blowing cold are into a fire champer that doesn't have the ability to heat above 130 and also allow the stove to smolder leaving hot coals to restart the fire once you refuel it. If that is eliminated you fan will run continuously cooling down your water jacket and burning up existing coals to restart furnace after refueled. Is the toggle switch design only to turn the fan on after it has cooled down enough to activate snap disk? ( Snap disk could have 2 spades on each side. Extra spade to hook up wires from your harness.)If so you drawing is correct and would allow you to toggle switch to turn the fan on when snap disk is triggered. With out it you wouldn't have a fan until water temp is above 130 to turn fan on so would have to crack the door for draft until fire raises water temp

Edited by ozzymydog 11/27/2022 15:53
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)