AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Did anyone hear about the water at camp Lejeune
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

twraska
Posted 11/27/2022 22:33 (#9953565 - in reply to #9952175)
Subject: RE: Did anyone hear about the water at camp Lejeune

Wallis, TX
IH4186 - 11/27/2022 11:04

I was there 69-71 I went back to see what it looked like. The area where base housing was had been all torn down the streets are still there, and that area has a ten-foot fence around it. That area was contaminated with flame retardant back before the base was built. Kind of a bad deal my wife eventually died from it. The real kicker is that the law firm is going to keep a big portion of with they collect and as a survivor we have to pay taxes on the whole amount. So, if they settle for $100,000 in damages on class action, they keep say 50% and we pay tax on the total at our top tax rate 20-34% depending on our income level before adding $100,000 to it. That nets 16 to 30 K. Law firms are the only ones making out on this deal.

Money is never going to make this right. The medical bills were paid a long time ago. She has been dead close to twenty years. The kids were grown up before she died. The grand kids never met her. We all moved on long ago I am not sure why we are picking scabs off old wounds now.

First, I’m sorry for your loss.

Second, you made some statements that I doubt are completely accurate, possibly you contacted an unscrupulous attorney. With that said, Your contingency fee should be no more than 40%, and you will possibly pay taxes only on your part. I don’t know if the lawyers are negotiating on your behalf , suing as an individual or suing as part of a class, but if you lost someone due to the benzene you need to contact aan attorney you trust to guide you.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)