AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Any rodeo ropers here?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

JimS
Posted 11/26/2022 19:22 (#9951348 - in reply to #9951322)
Subject: RE: Any rodeo ropers here?

Heel ropes are very stiff. Calf ropes are very soft. Head ropes are in between. Some guys have commented my heel ropes are like cables.

There should be a tag on the tail that says what they are.

Most calf ropers and headers keep their ropes in insulated bags or cans. These ropes are nylon. When nylon heats up or burns it contracts. This contraction makes those ropes stiffer. Unless you are some place very hot or they were left in a hot car or on the dash, they shouldn’t be that stiff even if exposed to heat. Hence, I believe you may have some heel ropes, unless our definition of stiff is very different.

Most high end ropers will rope outside their discipline. If you are team roping you can make money at the jackpots in addition to the rodeos. There aren’t a lot of calf roping competitions outside rodeo. Because this is common, it’s possible this calf roper had other ropes.

I had a friend who team roped, calf roped, and steer roped. He also rode roughstock and won the Linderman Award twice. The Linderman is awarded to the cowboy who won the most money for the year competing at both ends of the arena.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)