AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Hey 555 take a look at this.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

happyfarmer
Posted 11/25/2022 23:17 (#9950133 - in reply to #9949639)
Subject: RE: Hey 555 take a look at this.

Casey Iowa
I’m gonna call a little bullshnikes on $1M 30 years ago being $20M value today……locally 30 years ago average farm ground was selling for $800-1200 an acre…..we bought some at those prices on public auction,,,,,,today those same fields would sell for $10k currently……possibly!!,,,definitely would have sold for that 3 months ago…..that’s $10M value instead of $20M value……although that 1,000 owned acres would have most likely doubled to 2,000 acres during that 30 years & would be worth $20M………that 2,000 acres would currently rent for $350/acre for 2023 possibly…..which would be $700k of income pre-tax yearly from the original $1,000,000…..but hey if you farm it yourself instead of renting it out & you net an extra $130 an acre cause hopefully you are a decent manager if you have managed your way to 2,000 acres……then your netting over $1,000,000 pretax……so this year just put the money in short term cd or treasury & if an 80 or 160 comes up for sale that connects to your farm that you have always wanted…..you can go for it!!! Cuz owning the dirt by you is priceless :). Damn that got kinda wordy!!!

Side note…..I don’t post much,,,,but have always enjoyed Coup’s posts….555’s posts…..Boone’s posts & many others……there is more than one way to skin a cat is what I’ve always been told…..maybe you 3 know 3 different ways…..I’ve never skinned one…..so don’t ask me how :)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)