AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

My hate for technology continues to grow!!!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

thinkstoomuch
Posted 11/24/2022 07:33 (#9947360 - in reply to #9946664)
Subject: RE: My hate for technology continues to grow!!!

Kettle Moraine, WI
I have followed your comments and interacted a bit, but I would say this is the best big picture answer to a lot of things. We don't need a lot of energy, but we use a lot of energy. You may be taking energy austerity to the low percentile, but we all can learn a lot.

Take a step back in modern living and realize a few things:
*Most houses probably heat 2 unoccupied rooms for every occupied one.
*Watching a TV, laptop, cell phone could be powered by a small solar panel that could be stored in cordless tool battery(ies)
*Hot water, refrigeration, clothes washing and home heating appear to be the most energy intense or intense when used. Small changes can make those achievable.
*I would guess most people can function on miniscule energy needs if they have clean clothes, sanitary facilities, and temperature comfortable room. Care would need to be given to not externalize these energy needs.
*You may be an example of one side of living so you probably see how modern building could be shifted to need less energy and external input. One reimagining I see is relating cordless tools adaption is how close we could be to not needing wall outlets. There are convenient but not needed for living.
*I just look at alternate living as something we may forced by economics and government. Life doesn't have to be much different if reengineer it.

Your cabin in the woods sounds practical and appears to not give up as much as some would think.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)