AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Topped up the "Tank" a bit
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Thud
Posted 11/23/2022 17:31 (#9946533 - in reply to #9946213)
Subject: RE: Topped up the "Tank" a bit

Near-north Ontario, French River
Im curious as to the sizing of his system. Im in the process of building an off grid home.. 4.6KW array, with 22kwhof LifePo battery storage. Currently I'm not living there yet so the system is only running the propane fueled boiler heating system, security system , fridge and a wireless modem for monitoring .. Basically a continuous 300W draw on the system. I can get through about about 4-5 days of cloudy weather before the backup generator kicks in. Im not sure if my array is undersized or there's an issue somewhere but the solar guys keep telling me I should have all kinds of power, and the generator will only run once or twice a month.... I figure once I move in, using lights, fridge, washing machine etc the generator is going to be running much more often.. based on the systems current performance. Im considered adding to the array but not sure how it interacts with the charge controller etc....... ie if I have a 5kw charge controller... can I hook a 10k array to it? will it just max out ( ie clip the incoming dc) at 5kw....or will i need to add a charge controller. Hoping to move in in the next couple weeks so I guess we'll see how it goes.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)