AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Topped up the "Tank" a bit
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

cows-n-crops
Posted 11/23/2022 09:54 (#9946035 - in reply to #9945723)
Subject: China is laughing at US

NEMO
China has put more coal fired plants into production over the last 4 years than the number of coal fired plants that have been taken out of production over the last 50 years here in the US.

If it's anything like here in Missouri, wind and solar power is twice as expensive as coal. Hydro is the cheapest.

Coal is dependable. Does anyone remember the recent polar vortex? When enough people freeze and starve because of lack of electricity then coal will make a comeback.

The grid and generation capacity cannot handle the green administration timeline of EV's.

Electric costs are going up in a big way. The savings (and dependability) you experience now with an EV will probably be gone in a few years.

If you add solar to your farm or house, one might want to consider cutting ties with your electric provider as the service availability charges will probably keep going up. If you put in a solar system to be large enough for all your needs 100% of the time how well does that pencil out?

I think solar has its place and wind too. But to think we can provide all the electric needs of this country in a dependable way with it is absurd.

Personally I think we need to push Hydro. What is more green than water running down hill? The locks and dams up and down the Mississippi need redone anyway, might as well kill 2 birds with one stone. But even this year with the Mississippi running dry hydro wouldn't be very dependable at the moment.

At some point in my life I might be content with an EV. But currently I still like to mash the pedal and see black smoke pour out the pipe!!!

Ed that is cheap running per mile - less than 5 cents a mile. Congrats!

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)