AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

NH3 exchanger?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 12/8/2006 08:28 (#70947 - in reply to #70929)
Subject: RE: NH3 exchanger?

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
It is generally possible to use another brand of flowmeter and/or heat exchanger with your Raven controller with some limitations.

The Raven wiring harness is obviously designed to work with the Raven components (Flowmeter, Control Valve and Shut off Valve) but it can be adapted to work with other brands. Other brands of flowmeters will have a different connector and may require more than the 5V supplied by the Raven harness.

Raven offers the Accuflow system in two styles. The original design utilized a heat exchanger, a flowmeter, a control valve and a single ON/OFF valve. Later in history, the so called single valve system was introduced. In this system the Control valve and ON/OFF valve are replaced by a "Fast Close" valve. This valve handles both the rate control and ON/OFF functions.

The single valve system is somewhat cheaper. The single valve system also requires a fairly new Raven console that has the "Fast Close" option.

I have always preferred the two valve system where the control and ON/OFF functions are separate. The single valve system can have control problems under certain situations such as low flow rates.

Edited by tedbear 12/8/2006 08:29
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)