AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Low cost day, gas and medications. No really
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Chris
Posted 11/21/2022 17:10 (#9943519)
Subject: Low cost day, gas and medications. No really

East central Iowa

We went to Hy-Vee to pick up a prescription.  We have Medicare and Blue Cross but the medication was $94.00.  We did what we usually do, we asked to have the prescription price checked via GoodRX.   That brought it down from $94 t p $45, BUT the pharmacist said let me check another place and after that it dropped another $1.  Hey, a dollar is a dollar.  BUT then he said I've got one other to check, which he did and it dropped to $34.  We weren't aware of these other options and no other pharmacy ever offered to check them.  

Then on the way home we stopped at the Walmart/Murphy gas station and filled up.  (not going to brave Sam's for the savings after I figured how much I save a year)  At the Walmart/Murphy I filled up on 10% ethanol at $2.849.  I kept checking thinking I picked e-85 by mistake, but nope.  Our home town station was $3.599 and now I see some are $3.399, but when we went through town it was still $3.599.

Did find one funny, my wife needed Hershey candy bars for some treat or desert for church and she needed 12 of them.  At the store we found them on sale, $3.98 for 6, but then on the way to check out they had a huge display with the same bars priced at 2 for $1.  So rather than $8 for a dozen she paid $6. ??  Same bars, same weight, just individual bars not 6 to a package.  Then shopping at ALDI we found the package, 6 for $5.98.  Ouch.

Generally a nice day.  Hope your's was too. 

Edited by Chris 11/21/2022 20:43
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)