AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Something I have rarely seen on Lake Ontario
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

jcfarmboy
Posted 11/21/2022 19:29 (#9943755 - in reply to #9943534)
Subject: RE: Something I have rarely seen on Lake Ontario

South Western Ontario, Canada
Your the only ones that bring a tractor down there.....must be heck of an adventure to get there. It's a poop show running the big street gauntlet for us big trucks....hate to know what it's like there with a tractor.

There is always a mad rush to get loads down there..... BUT this is a whole new level.
I have NEVER had this many loads get cancelled and been so close to bringing loads back home because they were so full they couldn't receive the trucks that were already on site.
I have NEVER had to call the terminals before leaving with a load just to be sure they had room until this year.
All the elevators around here are FULL of corn and can't free up bins because they still have beans to move.

Three huge export terminals G3, JRI, P&H and Bunge crushing plant. Wasn't that long ago when it was just JRI and Bunge and it wasn't that bad. Ok I am lying....I had numerous 12+ hour wait at JRI just due to the shear volume of trucks down there. Bunge is normally good for a three hour wait all year round.

Pretty sure the sea way locks down Dec 20th and it's a hard lockdown.

I have 10 loads of beans booked to JRI this week...so far none have been cancelled. I have not moved a single load of corn down there yet this year.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)