AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Looking for help with airline tickets
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Jacob Bolson
Posted 11/20/2022 19:18 (#9942194 - in reply to #9941385)
Subject: RE: Looking for help with airline tickets

Iowa
I regularly fly. Here are my tips...
-Use Google Flights to study flight schedules and find what you want. Flight prices are always changing so don't assume that prices today will be the prices tomorrow. Don't worry about selecting Hobby versus George Bush airport in Houston; Google Flight will do that for you. Focus on schedules + price.
-Use the same airline throughout the trip; do not fly one airline for one leg and then another airline for the connecting flight.
-Once you have the flight schedule that you like, book directly through the airline or through a local travel agency that provides customer service. I am not a fan of booking flights through online tools (i.e.- Expedia) because of the complexities that arise when there is a problem.
-Download the airline's app and get your flight information populated ahead of time.
-Get your drivers license updated with the new Real ID requirements.
-Check and double-check the rules for liquid carry-on. I have watched a lot of people get ultra frustrated with TSA when their carry-on gets stopped because of liquid rules.
-Before entering security, get ready for security. Take stuff out of your pockets, take your jacket off, etc.

I'm very loyal to Delta and cannot remember the last time I flew on an airline besides Delta. My wife fly on a budget carrier this year that at first blush, the ticket looked cheap, but then once all the supplemental fees were factored in, the ticket was not much cheaper than Delta.

Give me a call or drop me a text if you want to chat further, Paul.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)