AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

visiting Tennesse and Mississippi
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

DRester
Posted 11/19/2022 18:51 (#9940497 - in reply to #9939845)
Subject: RE: visiting Tennesse and Mississippi

Franklinton, LA
You have received several very good suggestions and I like all of them.

If you go to south Alabama, you might consider a rental on Dauphin Island. It is very nice and not near as crowded as Gulf Shores or Orange Beach. Yes, they have a web site as well as a nicely restored old fort.

Each year the Memphis, TN Mid-South Farm and Gin Show is held the last weekend of February. You need to make hotel reservations now if you want to stay near the show site.

The Shack Up Inn in Clarksdale, MS would be a fun place to stay. It is not what you are thinking about and they do have a web site. Po Monkey's in Marigold, MS is everything you are thinking about and more. You can check the internet for more info on Po Monkey's!

I know you don't like crowds but they do have Mardi Gras in New Orleans! Several smaller towns near New Orleans have nice Mardi Gras parades with smaller crowds. I am referring to Mandeville, Covington and Madisonville as well as several other towns in LA. Metairie, Kenner, Harahan, Algiers, Chalmette and other communities in the New Orleans area have nice parades. They also have parades on the Mississippi Gulf Coast and Mobile, AL.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)