AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

any of you trap coyotes ?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

SilverSeeder
Posted 11/19/2022 13:01 (#9940007 - in reply to #9939764)
Subject: RE: any of you trap coyotes ?

SEMN
I don’t agree with the fish in a bucket but I was successful. Two MN 550s per set is what I used. Not sure on my rebar size for stakes. I had some laying around that the fit in swivel on trap and used. Welded some flat washers to top. Think at least 2 feet long. I saved deer scraps from hunting, after birth from calves. We have a dry run next to farm. Ran a set or two in dry run. Ran sets in fence lines, ridges and brush pile in pasture. Coyotes like to go unnoticed. It wasn’t a coyote in every trap every day but I was surprised on success. Nothing special. Wore my dairy chore clothes and boots. Wore gloves and was smart about not handling traps w bare hands. Traps were dipped in wax and hung in old machinery storage shed at end of season. Trapped only in winter. Law is bury bait so birds of prey don’t get caught. Have to check I think only once every 24 but I did morning and night. Mainly eagles is what they worry about. Caught a coyote once with 3 legs each in a trap. Lost one a week or two prior. He drug that with him till he got caught again.

Edited by SilverSeeder 11/19/2022 13:04
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)