AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Air fryer combo
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

HuskerJ
Posted 11/16/2022 10:00 (#9934704 - in reply to #9930036)
Subject: RE: Air fryer combo

East of Broken Bow
Bristol Hillbilly - 11/13/2022 17:38

I am in charge of buying a air fryer for our house. I believe an a/f combo is what I want. Anyone have one? After doing days of studying on the internet, I am more confused. I don't believe a basket type will cook sandwiches or they look like they will be awfully cramped. Folks of AgTalk please help with recs.

Got my wife a Ninja last year, she loved it. Got the multi use one that came with a yogurt maker and dehydrator. Has a shallow drawer that can grill steaks or toast sandwiches very easily. The one problem/complaint was that the shallow drawer wouldn't hold 'tall' things very well, and while it made great fries, you couldn't make very many at once.

So, for her birthday, I got her the new model Ninja air fryer, the one with two 'tall' drawers, probably what people are referring to as the basket type. It does most of what the other one does, and you can cook two different things at two different temperatures at the same time, and will do larger batches of things like fries or wings. HOWEVER, for things like sandwiches or meat, you have to dig down to the bottom of the basket to get to it. It came with a rack to raise the sandwich more towards the top, but it still isn't nearly as convenient as the other one for that purpose.

Now, if it was just the two of us, I think we would have been happy with the original one with the shallow drawer. It can fry 2 rib eyes at once with room to spare, and a batch of fries, wings, or chicken bites out of that machine is enough for the two of us. If you cook the meat first, the sides (like fries or tater tots) cook in just a couple minutes. However, when she is cooking something for all four of us (we have 2 teenagers) it takes several batches of fries to fill the bottomless pits we call kids. That is where the big one comes in. Can cook 4 rib eyes at once (or 6 smaller ones), and can make medium on one side and well done on the other, and then can make fries and tater tots at the same time, and in big enough batches to feed all of us at once.

In my humble opinion, if it is just the two of you, get the one with the shallow pan/drawer, sandwiches go in/out much easier, and a batch of whatever is enough for 2 people. If you are feeding a family, the type with the bigger baskets will save time because you can make bigger batches.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)