AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Its tough for alot of people I see over 40% Of NY Mass. cal New jersey and
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Thud
Posted 11/4/2022 17:23 (#9915996 - in reply to #9914577)
Subject: RE: Its tough for alot of people I see over 40% Of NY Mass. cal New jersey and

Near-north Ontario, French River
Not sure what went wrong with the tranny...I was on my way to Chatham , going down a back road and it almost felt like an engine brake came on... drove fine and I could speed up but as soon as I let off the gas if felt like the breaks were slammed on. Made it to the next intersection and it took off normally. Drove fine for the next hours then coming into Leamington I stopped for gas... left the station and I could hear a loud howl... it came and went.. sometimes lasted 2 seconds, others 20 -3-seconds... even a grinding sound. BUT it still drove fine. Called my local shop and the took a look at it right away... plenty of oil, oil looked clean, no burnt smell but they did notice it seemed to lag a bit when shifting. LEft it there and they put it up on the hoist. Pulled the cover off the tranny and they said it was full of filings/chips etc.. They called around $4600+ labour for an reman ( no new ones available , for undetermined time period)... sooo I was looking at spending probably 7k on a 7 yr old pickup.. Was an easy decision to replace, paying for the new one was a little harder to swallow lol
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)