AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Its tough for alot of people I see over 40% Of NY Mass. cal New jersey and
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

redoak
Posted 11/3/2022 18:58 (#9914577 - in reply to #9914319)
Subject: RE: Its tough for alot of people I see over 40% Of NY Mass. cal New jersey and

sw ontario
Thud - 11/3/2022 15:35

I think a lot of us in AG have lost touch with the none ag community, as much as they have lost touch with us. For an average farmer that my have a cash flow in the 100's of thousands or even millions a year, a $2000 credit card balance really is chump change. But to someone make 50K a year with a lunch box job that's represents ' a lot' of money. Not saying that folks in both groups couldn't maybe improve their spending habits, but to compare the two groups is apple and oranges. I mean many of us regularly cash grain cheques that are several times the total income of most folks.

Paul ,great ,true analogy. Yrs. ago the 'working man' at hardware store, co-op ,ect. made as much as most farmers net .

Today the farmers are the new rich , just look at beautiful homes, shops, grain set ups and spending winters in the south. Just the back orders on new equipment says guys are doing well , sure expenses are high ,but 2022 will be my most profitable yr. since I started farming in the '70's

On your pick up ,what's up with GM's ,my neighbour has a later 'teens' pkp. and his transmission went out . Cost $9k time they were done.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)