AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

rural wireless internet
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

iknow
Posted 10/29/2022 15:03 (#9907074)
Subject: rural wireless internet

trying to figure out the best way to go. At the farm I want to put up a weather station, and put up some cameras...too many things are growing legs and walking off.

Using a stright game camera, I would use the spypoint unit with the solar panel, thats on sale for $129 and includes the Li battery pack.

for the wx, about the only economical wirless wx station I can find is by eccowit....about $ 379 and includes the celluar modem but can get the info on the service cost....

the other option, go with regular wx station, and maybe run it off of a mifi, but I've been warned by ambient wx that in the past has not been successful.

so only other option would be full internet connection, and hook wx station to that, and use wifi cameras (like the ones that have the built in solar panels, don't have to get power and connection to them.....

but, then a question of internet access cost. we have a local wireless internet provider that has fairly fast service for $50 a month, but depends if you can see the tower or not. Then some of the celluar companys office service from $49 to ???? a month for service.

any other economical wireless internet providers around ?

not sure how much data would be used, wx data should not be much, but the cameras might chew up the data.

Thanks

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)