AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Another question for John Burns or other diabetics
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

moon1234
Posted 10/9/2022 21:27 (#9879999 - in reply to #9877142)
Subject: RE: Another question for John Burns or other diabetics

De Forest, WI
monse - 10/7/2022 12:40

I have been hearing about berberine as a more natural replacement for metformin. Any insight into berberine?

Have you tried radically changing your diet? Keto took my A1c from 12.4 to 6.3 in six months. Severely cut back on all carbs and burn fat. Unless your type 1 or severely pancreatic compromised this can have a radical impact on your blood sugars.

If you drink sugared soda, stop. Switch to black coffee, unsweetened tea (hot or cold) or naturally sweetened soda like Zevia, bubbl’r or other zero carb sodas that don’t have artificial crap in them. If you eat fast food skip the fries. Substitute for a veggie with butter, salt and pepper. Throw half the bun of a burger away, usually the half with no condiments. Get blackened chicken instead of fried or breaded. Get a grilled chicken salad with cashews, extra cheese and all the veggies you can add.

Have fish when going out for dinner. Load up on the salad bar, but skip the dressing unless it’s vinegar and oil or you know it’s low carb. No croutons.

Breakfast is bacon, sausage, eggs, fresh berries and a coffee. Skip the toast. If you have to have toast make it one slice of rye. Real rye not the wheat bread with cocoa in it and tons of sugar. Real Bavarian rye from a sourdough starter.

Make stir fry at home with lots of sausage, fresh veggies, olive oil. Etc.

Once you get used to this you will NOT miss the other crap food. You will lose weight and your blood sugar will significantly improve.

Start working harder. Break a sweat and keep
Moving.

Good luck. I did all of the above and my doctors were SHOCKED. I revisited every six months and docs said still looks good. Keep it up. Most people can’t stay on it.

Once you have things under control you can experiment with what your body will allow. I can eat 30-40 carbs for most meals now as long as it is not simple sugar.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)