AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Bring on the meat sweats....
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Licensed to kill
Posted 9/19/2022 11:11 (#9851120 - in reply to #9850864)
Subject: RE: Bring on the meat sweats....

Northern Alberta
John Burns - 9/19/2022 06:49

As long as the outside is seared, very unlikely for anything inside to be a problem. It is what is done that contaminated the outside that can create problems. The handling of the steak after it is cut.

Hamburger a different story, because whatever might contaminate the outside layer of the meat get ground up and mixed into the hamburger. Thus the need to heat hamburgers to recomended temperature completely through the patty.

Even then, I have eaten some pretty rare hamburgers without incident. But I was probably just lucky. Only takes once to make it a bad day.

^^^^^^This. I like my steaks blue rare and have eaten a lot of hamburgers that were raw in the middle. The hamburger thing is not recommended for reasons John stated but I have never had an issue and do NOT like beef overcooked. If I have to eat it well done, I will pass and have something else. IMO, the ground beef thing is like trichinosis in pork, bear and cougar. It is unlikely that you will get it from undercooking but it CAN happen so just make sure it is cooked. This does not mean, IMO, that it has to be well done to the point that it is like dried out boot leather, just not too pink in the middle.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)