AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Sweet cravings
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

jwal10
Posted 8/25/2022 09:29 (#9813221 - in reply to #9810900)
Subject: RE: Sweet cravings

Western Oregon
Took me 2 years to get off sugar 20 years ago. For a while I just ate a little fresh or dried fruit to stop the cravings. Then it was easy to string it out until no more sugar. I never was a pop person, once in a great while, maybe a rootbeer on a real hot day but we never bought to have at home. Our spring water only. Home made ice cream cravings were harder but we just quit making it. Canned fruit in own juice in the winter with nut butter on soda cracker for dessert. Fresh fruit in season, apples and pears we store, in the winter. No sugar fresh apple sauce (cooked slices in water) with just a little cinnamon, on oat pancakes. We do dry a little fruit and some home made raisins. Got easier when we just quit buying processed foods, no flour. Shop once a year for the things we do buy except the few things as needed, we don't grow. We have a greenhouse and hoops on compost heated raised beds in winter for greens. I do use a little raw honey, seems to keep my allergies in check. I use to be on allergy meds 7 months/year and suffered year around. Once in a great while I still need a shot of over the counter nose spray but seldom. This year only twice....James
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)