AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ever look at the bottom of a ez-steer wheel? PIC
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

FactoryFarmer
Posted 6/28/2009 10:04 (#759377)
Subject: Ever look at the bottom of a ez-steer wheel? PIC

N IL

This is the first time I ever looked at one but I found this.

I contacted the company because I thought they might sell them cheaper but they said they are on contract with Trimble to makes these.

Just something interesting I guess.  I thought mabey it was a wheel that was actually used on some sort of RC car.

Top of the page Bottom of the page
wade4545
Posted 6/28/2009 11:10 (#759443 - in reply to #759377)
Subject: Re: Ever look at the bottom of a ez-steer wheel? PIC

Ya were on our 3rd foam wheel, they aint cheap. I wondered if someone would make them cheaper than trimble sells them for.
alange
Posted 6/29/2009 01:16 (#760141 - in reply to #759443)

Sunnyvale, CA
The wear on the foam wheel is directly proportional to the pressure on the edge of the steering wheel. many tractors have a very easy steering system and can use less pressure on the wheel than they currently are adjusted for. To reduce the drive wheel pressure, put the motor in the away position and slide the motor mount in to increase the pressure and out to decrease the pressure. Use the least pressure that still does not allow the wheel to slip.
MRK
Posted 6/28/2009 11:13 (#759445 - in reply to #759377)

HAHA, I bet you can go to your local rc hobby store and pick one up. I'm sure its probably the same thing the nitro RC cars use, looks very simlar.
Virginia Veg.
Posted 6/28/2009 18:54 (#759740 - in reply to #759377)
Subject: RE: Ever look at the bottom of a ez-steer wheel? PIC

Eastern VA. No such thing as too many Magnums.
Here's something from last November about this. I had noticed the same thing. Never took it as far as you did. Went another route.

http://talk.newagtalk.com/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=70595&mid=5001...
FactoryFarmer
Posted 6/28/2009 19:32 (#759757 - in reply to #759377)

N IL

Here is what the company said:

"Thank you for your interest in T.M. Tires. The wheel and tire that you
are looking for is not in our catalog. We are under contract with
Trimble Mfg. to build these tires for them,
If you could please let me know how long they last for you,
We have submitted a new compound to trimble that last longer then
the present compound.
Thanks
T.M."

I'm pretty sure you can't get these unless you know someone at the company that could sneak you a couple.

As far as the new compound, I think they should go back.

The system I put in our 8970 last summer has all of last fall's work on it plus all of this spring's work and I will still run it again this fall.

The system in the 4850 was new this spring and the wheel needed to be replaced after only about 2300 acres!  I ran it till I was done though because I could not remember where the replacement wheels were.  (I found them now

Virginia Veg.
Posted 6/28/2009 20:28 (#759791 - in reply to #759757)

Eastern VA. No such thing as too many Magnums.
We have 5 EZ steers. Two are a year old, and three are 2 years old (got some used). I've still never replaced a single foam wheel. I don't understand why yours are wearing out so fast. I think I have about 10 or 12 replacements and haven't needed any yet. I didn't realize they cost so much. Can't you wrap rubber tape around them or something? We always lock them away from the steering wheel at night or else they get a flat spot. I do need to change the one in the combine. I used to have a Ro-Gator. It had a 9610 combine cab. The EZ steer wouldn't work good on the RoGator even though it was the exact same steering wheel as the combine. Seems RoGator steering wheels take slightly more effort to turn than a 9600/9610. I had to put a steering wheel cover on the RoGator.
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)