AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Brand Loyalty
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

easymoney
Posted 8/6/2022 09:33 (#9783018 - in reply to #9782998)
Subject: RE: Brand Loyalty

ecmn
i find human nature very interesting. i get both sides of brand loyalty, you think you have a good product, every time it breaks your dealer has the parts and service, but from the outside looking in you can see a different brand does the same job with much less hassle. IE: look at the gleaner guys that say they will drive 4 hours to their dealer 1 time a year vs many trips to the near by other dealer. The mind set of resale value is sometimes true, many times other numbers can bring that math to a different outcome. but they are convinced.
JD and case build for the NA market, after seeing how other companies do stuff you can see how they build like a ford or chevy when there are so many Mercedes Benz companies out there that cost similar or less in the long run.

I grew up with green underwear, went to JD college, worked at JD dealers, bled green hard for a long time, 10 years ago if you told me how i would be farming in the future i would have laughed you off the farm. Lexion combine, massey tractor, hesston hay, white planter and a couple JD left. The lexion has made me very brand loyal to it, same with the Hesston hay and Massey tractor.

If i won the lottery i would be a Fendt,Class tractor farm, Krone or McHale for hay probably, other wise hesston, no doubt Lexion combine, would have to have a Horsch Anderson planter to try out.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)