AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What grain cart
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Fattires
Posted 8/6/2022 19:08 (#9783741 - in reply to #9783705)
Subject: RE: What grain cart

SW Ohio
Kooiker - 8/6/2022 19:35

Fattires - 8/6/2022 18:29  Yeah I like that idea, just worried if I have enough tractor to handle 750+.

We've been pulling a 780 Brent with a 2-155 White 2wd for ~10 years.     Works fine 99% of the time, we've been stuck a couple times.

Your tractor has the same rear end and a powershift.    The front of your tractor is lighter unless its a mfwd, so you might want some front weights if its 2wd.     If your tractor is mfwd you're absolutely golden for pulling a 750 bu cart.    You don't HAVE to fill it if conditions are a little sketchy but if you have duals and mfwd I doubt you'd ever have a problem filling that size cart.

The 750 bu carts also tend to have bigger/faster unloading augers than the 500-600 bu carts do.

Nice looking 2-155
That makes me feel better, my tractor is 2wd with really good 18.4r42 duals and a 9 front weights on currently but more available if I need them.
I have some fields that are back across a creek and up some good hills, I know coming out of those places my current cart is all I want for traction with 350 bu. But it sure would be nice to hold more the rest of the time.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)