AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Combine auto steer
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

caseihfarmer
Posted 8/5/2022 12:59 (#9781856 - in reply to #9781486)
Subject: RE: Combine auto steer

East Central, Nebraska
yes your equipment width is in your equipment/header configuration, that will never change. when you go into set your guidance line you will set the equipment width to the desired width (39 feet). keep in mind, though it isnt a big deal especially at that width, that your yield and acres will technically be off if your only taking 39 of 40 foot. should be off 2.5% which is not a big deal, where that becomes important is when a person has a 20 foot header they are setting at 19, then we are talking more like 5%.

couple years ago i tried to set the header width and guidance width at 29 foot of my 30 foot header to get truest accuracy yield data. where that blows up in your face is first off it will leave a strip on the map for the extra foot but even worse then i went to 30 inch rows it was then false the other way. this is a small unimportant factor but when you sit down and think of all the things that factor in to a yield monitor not being true it becomes kind of frustrating.

to further muddy the waters of this topic, your not technically cutting 39 of 40 foot, guidance works center to center so at some times you would be taking half of that foot on the side of the header that is in the beans out the outside would only be at 6 inches, with that said when you break through you would be taking a true 40 foot.

i took that way further than i needed to. yes what you want to do will work. i don't totally agree with the first reply that you put in 39 and guidance at 39 as it will be off the same amount as 40.

Edited by caseihfarmer 8/5/2022 13:04
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)