AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What do I need for elevation survey?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

mx270a
Posted 8/3/2022 11:08 (#9778575 - in reply to #9778524)
Subject: RE: What do I need for elevation survey?

Cedar Rapids, Iowa
You need some way to power the receiver on the stick. My preference these days is a Milwaukee M18 battery or similar. Just need to be sure that all the equipment can handle 20 volts, since that's what those batteries put out.

Then you need a way to display elevation. You can use an ag display if you want, but they will typically output the elevation as feet above sea level. You'll have to remember what elevation is your target elevation, then mentally do the math to figure out if you're high or low.

I wrote an Android app years ago for streaming NTRIP data to a RTK receiver. Eventually I added some tools to visualize grade changes. Below are a couple screen shots. Basically you set your target elevation and then the screen will show you how much you are high or low compared to that target. Not trying to sound like a salesman here, but this is in the 'premium features' of the app, which is $10/year. The Android device can connect to the GPS receiver either via Serial-over-Bluetooth or via an IP address over WIFI.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.lefebure.ntripclie...

(1 (full).png)

(2 (full).png)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 1 (full).png (87KB - 322 downloads)
Attachments 2 (full).png (74KB - 281 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)