AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Well Pressure Tank Question
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Seed Grower
Posted 7/6/2022 17:56 (#9737041 - in reply to #9736698)
Subject: RE: Well Pressure Tank Question

Royal City, WA
I would agree that you need a new pressure tank, but there is also something you can add to your system that will allow you to use a smaller pressure tank (less cost) and also keep the pump from short-cycling. It is called a Cycle Stop Valve, and they are sized according to the amount of water you use. With this valve, you can use as much or as little water as is needed and the pump will keep running as long as there is demand. As soon as the demand stops, the pump runs until the pressure tank is filled and the pressure switch calls for the pump to shut off. I think it would be the perfect answer for your situation where you have waterers with variable demand. This is the website for the Cycle Stop Valve.

https://cyclestopvalves.com/

These cycle stop valves are perfect for someone who waters a lawn from a domestic well. The off and on cycling of the pressure switch is what kills pumps, and I think that ccjersey is correct in his assessment of your situation. It is also true that old pressure tanks did not have a bladder in them. I lived in the country in 1975, and had a submersible well set at 300 feet and it had a 200 gallon pressure tank, without a bladder. The large tank was to keep the pump from cycling so often. About every three months, I would have to drain the tank down and recharge it with air because the pump would start cycling too often. It was not setup so that the pressure tank would get a shot of air each time the pump cycled, and the tank did not have an air bleed to eliminate too much air. This is what happens when a system is not setup properly!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)