AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Well Pressure Tank Question
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Expensive Hobby
Posted 7/6/2022 16:12 (#9736909 - in reply to #9736883)
Subject: RE: Well Pressure Tank Question

NW Missouri
I drained tank, then took core out (yes valve is at the top), it spewed water everywhere since bladder still had pressure. I then replaced core, put some air in and turned water back on. It's a 30-50 switch and I already replaced it to make sure it wasn't the problem. Without proper air in the system, when the pump turns on it immediately shoots up to 50 and kicks the pump off, before it the pump stops it hits about 60 and then it bounces down to about 40 and goes back and forth. As soon as any water comes out of the system, it drops rapidly again, kicking the pump on once it drops below 30.

I have sat there and watched it for a half hour a couple times and although its short cycling and isn't working the way it should - it does work. But when I go off and leave it, it quits and I come back to zero pressure. I don't know why that is happening unless it bounces just at the wrong time when something is drinking and the pressure drops too fast or something. I can't figure out what triggers it to go not kick on when it drops below 30 when that happens, but I know there is plenty of water in the well and it never did this until the bladder went bad. For the past 3 years, I only had trouble one time - the first year - when I put too many head on it and ran the well out of water.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)